Naetwe is a practicing advocate of the High Court of Tanzania. She obtained her LLB in Irish Law from Portebello College (University of Wales) and holds an LL.M in International Economic Law -University of Warwick Coventry and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management from Regenesys Business School.
She supports our in-house team in Corporate Law, Contracts Management on both commercial and legal aspects, Employment Law and Implementation Local Business Content for Mining Sector Clients.
Mercy Okiro, MCIArb is the Chairperson of the Young Members Group of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya), where she was a member of the Branch Committee since 2015. She also sits on the Global Steering Committee of the Young Members Group of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London.
As the youngest mediator in Kenya by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) and the youngest accredited mediator of the Judiciary of Kenya, Mercy has successfully handled mediation in the Family, Employment and Commercial Divisions of the High Court with an over 80% success rate. She also handles mediations for The Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), Kenya. Further, she practices arbitration and construction adjudication.
Mercy is an African Ambassador for the Alliance in Dispute Resolution, an organization which strives to ensure diversity and inclusion in alternative dispute resolution. She has been involved in planning various conferences and workshops in Alternative Dispute Resolution regionally and globally. She has presented papers at conferences and has published articles in alternative dispute resolution, access to justice, sports law and women’s rights.
Ms. Okiro is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya having been admitted to the Bar in 2014. Her main areas of legal practice are international dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation, legal aid, women’s rights, sports law and legal research. She has always pushed for gender equality and youth representation, advocating passionately for the same through her leadership positions in various professional bodies which include but are not limited to:-
1. The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ), Kenya Section
2. The International Bar Association (IBA)
3. Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), Kenya
4. The Law Society of Kenya
5. The East Africa Law Society
6. The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Kenya
7. The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Kenya
8. The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London)
9. The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
10. Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
11. Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
12. The Alliance-Equality in Dispute Resolution, Ambassador
13. Asian International Arbitration Centre (Young Members Group)
14. Singapore Arbitration Centre (Young Members Group)
15. Institute for Transnational Arbitration, Young members Group
Mercy holds an MA in International Studies from the University of Nairobi.
Learn About The Types Of Cases We Handle
Hear what our clients say about us
The attorney-client engagement is fantastic with case success at 100% we continue to trust the services being offered by Resolution Experts
The innovative solutions combined with legal solutions offered have increased our internal efficiency and compliance record
We have worked closely with the firm since 2015 and are happy with the legal support provided to us.
Very useful and responsive, our corporate entity set up was done within a short span of time. Great teamwork!