JOB TITLE: Legal Reporter / Correspondent
Type: Part-time (Freelancer)
Application Method: By email to email@example.com
www.ealawyer.com is a product created by RESOLUTION EXPERTS.
EALawyer.com, is an online newswire for the East African legal community that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. It is a cutting-edge product developed in 2016 and aims to be one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the East Africa.
EALawyer.com, a product by Resolution Expert, is seeking an experienced reporter to cover the business of law firms for our online daily business newswire. The Legal Industry Reporter will be responsible for pitching and writing 2-4 stories per day on topics of interest to law firm leaders, including but not limited to law firm finances, marketing, business development, expansion efforts, billing practices, benefits and compensation, diversity, recruitment, education and training, and legal ethics, among other topics.
The Legal Industry Reporter will be responsible for developing a diverse group of sources within law firms and among legal industry experts and maintaining a calendar of events and attending important industry conferences.
• Candidates must have a legal background and reporting experience is an added advantage and strong reporting, writing, communication and analytical skills.
• Must be versatile and work as a team player
• Must be able to write clearly, engagingly, and authoritatively – and on a deadline
• Must have the ability to juggle a stream of daily stories on tight deadlines with long-term features, while also scoring scoops on the beat
• Report on how law is practiced inside companies and corporations, with focus on the general counsels and in-house lawyers and law departments, and how they award business to outside law firms. Focused on companies in East Africa but reporting field can include anywhere in the world.
• Responsible for some content in special monthly in-house sections.
• Develop relationships with the appropriate contacts and companies in the market
• Conduct in-person and telephone interviews with sources
• Any other task in scope and required by management of the e-magazine